[Xen-devel] tap:aio performance

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] tap:aio performance
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 23:25:15 +1100
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 04:25:39 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Now that I have tap:aio working under GPLPV, I have found that the
performance is terrible (as in something is wrong). Under any sort of
load, the system becomes effectively frozen - block requests appear to
be taking seconds.

Currently I have up to 16 requests 'in the air' at a time... is that too
much for tap:aio? Is there something else I could be doing wrong?

It's got me baffled at the moment...

Thanks

James