RE: [Xen-devel] Windows SMP

To: "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Wei Huang" <wei.huang2@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Windows SMP
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 19:22:15 +1100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dirk Utterback <dirk.utterback@xxxxxxxxx>, Venefax <venefax@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 00:22:59 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://sourceforge.net/projects/amdvopt/.
> > The code would be useful as a reference. src link:
> >
> > svn co https://amdvopt.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amdvopt amdvopt>
>
> That looks like it could be a nice drop-in piece of code!

He is taking a table-based approach, which would require ongoing
maintenance. I was hoping to develop a more dynamic version, but given
that someone else has already put the patch tables together, doing it
dynamically suddenly seems like a lot of work :)

Is there a similar approach that would work on an Intel system?

Are there any other operations like TPR write's that are done frequently
that could benefit from patching?

James