Re: [Xen-devel] can't create any more pv-on-hvm domains after ~38 under

To: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] can't create any more pv-on-hvm domains after ~38 under 3.3-testing
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 08:14:41 +0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 00:14:54 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 1/12/08 02:55, "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm running 3.3-testing from a few weeks ago, and after creating around
> 38 domains, my GPLPV drivers can no longer map frames for the grant
> tables. It all works again after a reboot.
>
> This may go hand-in-hand with the problem I'm having where domains don't
> disappear when shutdown until I issue another 'xm create'.

My guess on that issue would be that something is causing domains not to be
fully destroyed, and then it takes an 'xm create' to make xend forcibly
forget about the zombie domain. Yet presumably it still hangs around. I
haven't reproed anything like this, but I'm not using your drivers and I
don't know whether you are using 64b or 32b Xen.

 -- Keir