[Xen-devel] Fwd: RMRR is incorrect (was: VT-d does not work any more aft

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Fwd: RMRR is incorrect (was: VT-d does not work any more after BIOS update on DQ35MP)
From: "Ralf Hornik Mailings" <ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:10:49 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 02:11:00 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear List,

sorry for crossposting but I have real problems and xen-users didn't answer yet.

I found some hints regarding this issue but there are no good news, or solutions at the moment. May be you can help me, or give some workarounds...?

If you need more information, you'll get it.

I had to do a bios update due to some bugs in the Mgmt Engine.

After this I had to re-enable the VT and VT-d made a power cycle, but since then VT-d is not enabled via hypervisor.

Now, after recompiling xen version 3.3 (make dist) I get the following error in "xm dmesg":

(XEN) Xen heap: 14MB (14720kB)
(XEN) Domain heap initialised
(XEN) Processor #0 6:15 APIC version 20
(XEN) Processor #2 6:15 APIC version 20
(XEN) Processor #1 6:15 APIC version 20
(XEN) Processor #3 6:15 APIC version 20
(XEN) IOAPIC[0]: apic_id 2, version 32, address 0xfec00000, GSI 0-23
(XEN) Enabling APIC mode:  Flat.  Using 1 I/O APICs
(XEN) [VT-D]dmar.c:354: RMRR is incorrect.
(XEN) Failed to parse ACPI DMAR.  Disabling VT-d.
(XEN) Using scheduler: SMP Credit Scheduler (credit)
(XEN) Detected 2388.018 MHz processor.

So wthat does this error mean?

Aditionally "xm pci-list-assignable-devices" brings no output.

I even tried xen-unstable, but there is still the same :-((

Please, can anyone help me, or give me a hint, what else I can do to get VTD back working? It worked until the bios update. Details follow:

BIOS

Vendor
Intel Corp.

Version
JOQ3510J.86A.0954.2008.0922.2331

Release date
09/22/2008

Supported functions
PCI Upgradeable
Shadowing is allowed Boot from CD
Selectable boot EDD spec
8042 keyboard services Serial services
Printer services CGA/Mono video services

Thanx for any help!

Regards

Ralf