Re: [Xen-devel] Questions about certain Xen limits and features

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Questions about certain Xen limits and features
From: Stefan de Konink <stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 02:51:52 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 17:52:29 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keir Fraser wrote:
(2a)  What's the largest host memory that anybody has tested?
(2b)  What's the expected host memory limit (if somebody was able to
configure a system that large)?

I think 256GB has been tested. Theoretically we're good up to 1TB, and we
could expand beyond even that without too much trouble.

I have seen *very* weird bugs related to kernel error reporting when I made the switch from 16GB to 32GB of memory. I can do this 'semi' dynamically using a Dell 1950.

To be able to actually boot system with 32GB I have to append; i8042.noaux

Might be good reference for other people.

Stefan