RE: [Xen-devel] Checking hypercall page existence!

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Checking hypercall page existence!
From: "Jayaraman, Bhaskar" <Bhaskar.Jayaraman@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 12:58:23 +0530
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 00:30:11 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
No Keir, VxWorks doesn't have a user, kernel context and everything runs in
kernel mode in it. All tasks are scheduled in Ring0 on it so I'm not entirely
sure why my hypercalls are failing, although I'm able to load the hypercall
page. I'll try invoking a few more calls and check if all the hypercalls are
failing. I'm hoping that if I call more hypercalls and if the hypercall page
hasn't even loaded properly maybe I'm missing an instruction segment interrupt
(Invalid opcode etc) as the hypercall branch is probably going to a legitimate
instruction address for the ones I'm calling right now.
On the other hand I was also thinking of dumping the whole 4k page laoded by
wrmsr onto the terminal and check for hypercall opcodes within it to see if the
page was actually loaded. If there's some other way of checking if the page has
loaded properly, or if you think I may have to do something else to make the
calls work please let me know.
Bhaskar.