Re: [Xen-devel] Problems with enabling hypervisor C and P-statecontrol

To: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>, 'Ian Pratt' <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Yu, Ke" <ke.yu@xxxxxxxxx>, Niraj Tolia <ntolia@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Problems with enabling hypervisor C and P-statecontrol
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:24:42 +0000
Cc: "Liu, Jinsong" <jinsong.liu@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen Developers <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 04:25:06 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 27/10/08 07:56, "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also how about BSP? If BSP is not thread0/core0/package0,
> then all the rest sorting effort is just meaningless. :-(

True. Another possibility would be to provide a remapping between CPU
identifiers used within Xen and those exposed to tools via sysctl/domctl.
The latter could be sorted; and no ordering constraints placed on the
former.

> This is necessary information. Is there any existing interface reporting
> similar info? If not, could you suggest which interface to carry? Tools
> like xenpm may need to query such infro to construct a better summary.
> If it's not there, we can consider to add.

The info is not available right now. It could be exposed via sysctl. Either
a new sysctl or by extending existing XEN_SYSCTL_getcpuinfo.

 -- keir