答复: [Xen-devel] Why using hypercall_page ?

To: "'Wu Bingzheng'" <wubingzheng@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 答复: [Xen-devel] Why using hypercall_page ?
From: "Li Yaqiong" <liyaq04@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:31:16 +0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:31:47 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As you know, the old Intel/AMD x86 cpus use INT to invoke kernel's
service. But the newer CPUs introduce two instruction pairs:
syscall/sysret, syscenter/sysexit. So, because the hypercall page is
filled by Xen, it can hide the difference of this two types. Guest OS
only take one uniform format to invoke a hypercall.
I gusee this is the reason.

-Techie