[Xen-devel] Strange PCI Passthrough problem

Subject: [Xen-devel] Strange PCI Passthrough problem
From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 17:22:54 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 14:23:19 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to :to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition; bh=e4Uq3ynOpq5jNCCBkuJ0IuqIHaWfgA4M/vjUvaweT6Q=; b=bVBjofsUyPqb1CiyPp0quLNjzuO4rJ2cXQrZq9h0YrmLLRxbX8N78qEIyqSs1OtXSv fKIKyK/MJOAWS+ZfVLzfup0/3ZxQGGQpQIazO33ktXRWQLBtWjIGyf/yLstMLey6lVD9 03jCPHyqNR43F9SDYT2KrlBEMmFp6+ypNMXh4=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have successfully passed through a video card, network card,
USB mouse, and USB keyboard to a MS Vista guest. That
works well.

I am trying to add another PCI device, such as a audio card
or PCI USB hub, but I am running into a strange problem.

When I plug the PCI audio (or USB card) to the motherboard.
It makes it so that the PCI video card is no longer an
"assignable device" (xm pci-list-assignable-devices doesn't
see it anymore, but previously I had passed it through
successfully).

Things I have thought to check.

pciback (in proc) still owns the device.

dmesg still shows the proper output, i.e. seizing device,
interupt --> IRQ, device disabled, just like they should be.

The problem at first glance, seems to be the fact that
there are two devices on 03:XX.X

The video card shows up as 03:02.0 and the next card
plugged into the motherboard shows up as 03:00.0.

The other devices (besides the video card) that I have
successfully passed all had 00:XX.X, so when adding
the second PCI card to the motherboard, that is the
first time there are two 03:XX.X devices on the bus.

I am using a relatively recent pull of xen-unstable with
a 2.6.18.8-xen kernel from xenbits as well.

Suggestions on how to debug further?

Thanks in advance,
Todd

--