Re: [Xen-devel] stubdom: build failure

On Wednesday 24 September 2008 16:35:58 Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Keir Fraser, le Wed 24 Sep 2008 15:31:13 +0100, a écrit :
> > If it's due to pulling in too many /usr/include headers then perhaps
> > we could copy the ones we actually need into a private local directory
> > and add that to the search path instead? I guess it depends if those
> > headers themselves #include any more; then it'd get messy. If they're
> > compiler intrinsics then perhaps they won't.
>
> In principles we only needs files that declare compiler intrinsics.

On NetBSD, compiler intrinsics don't exist.

I think, it's better to put an OS abstraction into stubdom where
only the Linux specific code uses compiler intrinsics and other Linux-only
stuff.
If you try (hard) to make every OS look like Linux instead, things become
messy.

Christoph

--
AMD Saxony, Dresden, Germany
Operating System Research Center

Legal Information:
AMD Saxony Limited Liability Company & Co. KG
Sitz (Geschäftsanschrift):
   Wilschdorfer Landstr. 101, 01109 Dresden, Deutschland
Registergericht Dresden: HRA 4896
vertretungsberechtigter Komplementär:
   AMD Saxony LLC (Sitz Wilmington, Delaware, USA)
Geschäftsführer der AMD Saxony LLC:
   Dr. Hans-R. Deppe, Thomas McCoy