RE: [Xen-devel] We still have to disable vtd for old chipset?

To: Espen Skoglund <espen.skoglund@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Neo Jia <neojia@xxxxxxxxx>, "Kumar, Venkat" <Venkat.Kumar@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] We still have to disable vtd for old chipset?
From: "Nadolski, Ed" <Ed.Nadolski@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 16:38:58 -0600
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Keir, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:39:34 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
May I ask: on the Dell T7400, what kernel parameters do you use in grub.conf to
enable VT-D?

On my DQ35 mobo with Xen 3.3.0 and CentOS 5.2, I used "kernel /xen-3.3.0.gz
vtd=1 iommu=1 acpi=force apic=on", and it comes up & NIC passthru works. But
the same line on my T7400 just crashes very early in the boot with a big hex
dump.

If I set "acpi=off" it boots on the T7400, but I get a VT-D error:
"intel_iommu_add_device: context mapping failed".

Is this addressed in xen-unstable?  Is there a way to tell if I have the old
Seaburg chipset?  (This T7400 is pretty new tho.)

Thanks,
Ed Nadolski