Re: [Xen-devel] XEN Hypervisor Lines Of Code

To: Lil Evil <Lil_Evil@xxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] XEN Hypervisor Lines Of Code
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:24:44 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 03:31:42 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 11/9/08 11:11, "Lil Evil" <Lil_Evil@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was just wondering if anybody keeps a record of the LOC (privileged LOC) in
> the XEN Hypervisor.
> I was under the (false???) impression that the Hypervisor consists of a couple
> of tens of thousand privileged LOCs.
> I am somewhat surprised  about Joanna Rutkowskas statement about the 300k LOC
> in Xen 3.3.
> Does anybody have different (same) numbers?

The number has been growing. For an x86 build, if I exclude IA64 and XSM
components (usually not built) I count about 200k LOC. If I further exclude
header files (generally don't have much code in them) then I end up about
150k LOC.

So that's a more reasonable estimate in my opinion, at about half Joanna's
figure. Obviously this is still rather larger than historical figures for
Xen version 1 or Xen version 2.

 -- Keir