RE: [Xen-devel] RE: How to simply automatically resume suspended Xendman

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] RE: How to simply automatically resume suspended Xendmanaged domains on Xend start in Xen 3.2.1
From: "Artur Linhart - Linux communication" <AL.LINUX@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 18:47:42 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 09:48:57 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

        I have tried to implement the new option(s) for the on_xend_start
and it looks so it could work - at least it works for me well :-)

        I changed in XendDomain.py the method autostart_domains - the
original source code in attachment XendDomain.py.autostart_domains.original
has been changed into the modified source code in attachment
XendDomain.py.autostart_domains.modified

        The given code adds two additional options for the DomU
configuration parameter 'on_xend_start'
They are named
'resume' - the suspended domain is resumed, but if it is not suspended, then
it will not be started automatically
'start_or_resume' - if the domain is halted it will be started and if it is
suspended it will be resumed automatically.

        Of course I do not know if it is enough so, but for me it works
without problems. I hope this contribution (or some other necessary
modifications of it) could be included into the standard version of Xen...

        With regards, Archie