Re: [Xen-devel] ioemu

On Monday, 01 September 2008 at 11:05, Ian Jackson wrote:
> We won't be doing this.  The point of using git rather than hg is to
> much more easily manage the interactions and patch workflows between
> the various branches of qemu, of which ioemu-remote is just one.
>
> Dealing well with this kind of forked up trainwreck requires a lot of
> heavy lifting from the revision control system.  git can do this
> (despite the appalling user interface) and hg can't.

As a mercurial developer I'd be very interested in knowing more
specifically what functionality hg is missing. The big two pieces I'm
aware of are git-style branches and rebase support. We've just gotten
a nice rebase extension out of the google summer of code, and I have
an extension called "localbranch" that provides a sort of git branch.