RE: [Xen-devel] Dom heap virtual address question

To: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>, "Xen-Devel (E-mail)" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Dom heap virtual address question
From: Daniel Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 18:19:45 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 18:20:26 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Kevin --

Thanks much for the reply.

Further clarification on the _global versions:
If domainA makes a hypercall that results in the

va = mfn_to_virt(page_to_mfn(alloc_domheap_pages()))

(or equivalent wrapped in map/unmap_domain_page)

and then domainB makes a hypercall but IN THE
HYPERVISOR I want to make use of the previously
saved va (or mapped mfn), is that still in the context
of domainA?  In other words, I must use _global?

Thanks,
Dan