[Xen-devel] Re: ioemu-remote: USB Mouse/Tablet Doesn't Work

To: Yosuke Iwamatsu <y-iwamatsu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: ioemu-remote: USB Mouse/Tablet Doesn't Work
From: Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:51:01 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 05:51:56 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yosuke Iwamatsu writes ("ioemu-remote: USB Mouse/Tablet Doesn't Work"):
> It seems the usb mouse and tablet are not enabled at all with
> ioemu-remote.

Thanks for the report.

>  I looked into this problem a bit and found that the logic
> in hw/usb-hid.c, which was quite different from that of upstream qemu
> or of xen-unstable, was not working for some reason.

There were two reasons:

 * My last pull from upstream predated a fix to the USB HID
   descriptors.  The effect of not having that change is that the
   USB tablet (and mouse, probably) don't work at all.  I've
   cherry picked it.

 * I'd replaced the code from xen-unstable c/s 17003 with a different
   arrangement[1], but this was early in my merge with upstream qemu
   so at that point I wasn't able to test it.  I forgot to test it
   later.  Having done so it was rather buggy which I have now fixed.

I've done some more thorough testing following my fixes.
The results are in the current qemu-xen-unstable tip, which is
  cbb3236f488db26179f1d72aea2c6323233055c3
This is available now at
   http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ijackson/qemu-xen.git
and will make it to the usual locations on xenbits in due course.

[1] I think c/s 17003 can sometimes make button up and down events
    happen at the wrong place.  I haven't been able to reproduce
    this under controlled conditions but in any case my new code
    works now.

Ian.