Re: [Xen-devel] Access to raw keycodes in xen domU

Maxim Gorbachyov, le Thu 14 Aug 2008 19:09:55 +0400, a écrit :
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 6:39 PM, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > There was a discussion of some of this area on qemu-devel recently.
> > Sadly it's a bit of a mess (in part, inevitably), and it may be
> > difficult to do exactly what you want.
> >
> > If you tell us why you want the raw keycodes - what overall result
> > you're trying to achieve etc. - then we may be able to suggest some
> > kind of answer.
>
> There is a binary which sets K_RAW and expects certain codes from
> keyboard to work. It's kind of dinosaur, but we have to use it..

Well, the problem is that since the xen console can be accessed e.g.
through ssh, there is really no way to properly return keycodes. If you
can not use pvfb, The only half-sane way I see is that you hardcode the
translation that your dinosaur binary expects according to the keyboard
layout you are using and use that patched version.  I really don't see
how that could ever fit generically in xen console.

Samuel