[Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] IPF-Xen3.3-RC1 testing is blocked by a

To: "Isaku Yamahata" <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] IPF-Xen3.3-RC1 testing is blocked by a compiling issue of remote-qemu
From: "Zhang, Jingke" <jingke.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:13:38 +0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 23:14:09 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Isaku Yamahata wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 10:33:25AM +0800, Zhang, Jingke wrote:
>
>>     This error should be related to the remote-qemu building (we have
>> disabled stub-domain compiling). If I use "CONFIG_QEMU=ioemu make
>> -j3" command to make, it can work. Does anyone also meet this issue?
>> If so, we need to fix this for IPF in Xen3.3 release. Thanks!
>
> Hi, thank you for reporting.
> As long as I know, ioemu-remote and stub domain on ia64 haven't been
> addressed yet. And yes, I agree with you that those should be fixed.
> Are there any other issues on ia64 to be addressed for Xen 3.3
> release? It would be desirable to exercise well dma heap logic
> (18157:445681d122c0 and 18158:b25fa9df7375), I'm not sure it's
> possible before the release.

Hi Isaku,
    Thank you for your information on IPF stub-domain and remote-qemu.
For the Xen3.3 release test on IPF, we plan to test remote-ioemu since
it can work on x86 side (we do not have plan to enable stub-domain for
testing currently). Besides those two, we did not find any old issue
left specially for IPF in this 3.3 release, for IPF is stable by our
nightly testing.  :-)
    To the new dma heap logic changes, I will do a regression testing to
see if IPF has new issues. Thanks!

> My top priority at this moment is the panic which Inakoshi-san
> reported recently that is the reason why I haven't requested Keir to
> pull the ia64 changes even after 3.3-rc1 had been released.
>
> thanks,

Thanks,
Zhang Jingke