Re: [Xen-devel] build problem with ioemu

Christoph Egger writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] build problem with ioemu"):
> Sorry, no, this does not fix the problem.
> configure already correctly detects, there's no SDL installed:
>
> <snip>
> -Werror enabled   no
> SDL support       no        <----
> OpenGL support
> curses support    no
> </snip>
>
> The error is still the same:
> The error log from compiling the libSDL test is:
> /tmp/qemu-conf-26839-18490-32193.c:1:17: error: SDL.h: No such file or
> directory
> [etc]

It prints this complaint, yes.  The upstream configure script, for
reasons which are inexplicable, prints that error message _and then
exits successfully_.  So those errors are really a kind of warning.

I agree that they are inappropriate but I don't want to mess with the
upstream configure script any more than absolutely necessary as it is
something of a swamp.

Did you just run xen-setup ?  In my tree I see this:

mariner:qemu-iwj.git> ./xen-setup
SDL support       no
The error log from compiling the libSDL test is:
/tmp/qemu-conf-19939-21769-27099.c:1:17: error: SDL.h: No such file or directory
/tmp/qemu-conf-19939-21769-27099.c:3: error: for each function it appears in.)
mariner:qemu-iwj.git> echo $?
0
mariner:qemu-iwj.git

and a `make' succeeds.  Invokind xen-unstable build system works for
me as well.

Ian.