Re: [Xen-devel] Preventing corruption if filesystem is modified between

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Preventing corruption if filesystem is modified between 'save' and 'restore'
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 23:15:28 +0100
Cc: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:15:58 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
FWIW, I quite like your idea of checking a magic number.  The managed domains
functionality *should* help prevent users shooting themselves in the foot on
this but it's not necessarily completely bullet proof in the case where users
might be extracting the save images, backing them up somewhere, etc.

Have you looked anymore at doing this?  I wouldn't say it's essential but it
is quite a neat idea.

Cheers,
Mark