Re: [Xen-devel] differences in hvm save/restore in 3.1 vs 3.2

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] differences in hvm save/restore in 3.1 vs 3.2
From: Christopher Head <chead@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 23:56:12 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 23:56:32 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There's a bug in the serial port emulation in qemu related to saving and
restoring. There's a patch floating around somewhere which fixes it, but
depending on what source tree you're using you may not have it yet. One
of the critical registers isn't saved and also isn't regenerated at
restore time, meaning that serial port interrupts stop getting delivered
to the guest properly.

Chris