[Xen-devel] AMD IOMMUs

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] AMD IOMMUs
From: "Ankur Arora" <ankura@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:51:35 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:52:08 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I was trying to get PCI passthrough working for an HVM domain.
Didn't work. After much gnashing of teeth saw this message from
Xen:
(XEN) AMD_IOV: IOMMU not found!
(XEN) I/O virtualisation disabled

I have a Barcelona 8354 stepping 03 based system. Attaching
lspci etc logs.

>From general looking at the web I couldn't find anything
conclusive about the existence (or not) of AMD IOMMU hardware.

Are they shipping yet? And, if so how to detect them?

Thanks,
Ankur