RE: [Xen-devel] Nested PCI bridge support of VT-d

To: "Jimmy Jin" <jimmyjin.maillist@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Nested PCI bridge support of VT-d
From: "Han, Weidong" <weidong.han@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 15:17:28 +0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 May 2008 00:19:11 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Jimmy,

All devices behind PCIe-to-PCI bridge has to be assigned to the same
domain.

Supporting nested PCI bridge is a little bit complicated, and even
infeasible in some cases. I think it makes a little sense. It is
meaningful to make an interface for users to know which devices are
assignable with VT-d, and hint them to assign correctly.

Randy (Weidong)