[Xen-devel] Re: Xen HVM cpuid problem

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen HVM cpuid problem
From: Christoph Egger <Christoph.Egger@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 15:49:10 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 May 2008 06:49:49 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tuesday 13 May 2008 14:56:00 Keir Fraser wrote:
> All HVM guests receive a default configuration from libxc's
> xc_cpuid_apply_policy(). You must update your tools if you have updated
> your hypervisor to recent xen-unstable. Otherwise you will indeed get bogus
> CPUID behaviour.

Tnx. Updating the tools fixed it. I should get used on updating the tools more
regularly. Sorry for the noise.

Christoph

--
AMD Saxony, Dresden, Germany
Operating System Research Center

Legal Information:
AMD Saxony Limited Liability Company & Co. KG
Sitz (Geschäftsanschrift):
   Wilschdorfer Landstr. 101, 01109 Dresden, Deutschland
Registergericht Dresden: HRA 4896
vertretungsberechtigter Komplementär:
   AMD Saxony LLC (Sitz Wilmington, Delaware, USA)
Geschäftsführer der AMD Saxony LLC:
   Dr. Hans-R. Deppe, Thomas McCoy