RE: [Xen-devel] Xen/ia64 maintainership transition

To: "Alex Williamson" <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>, "xen-ia64-devel" <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Xen/ia64 maintainership transition
From: "Ian Pratt" <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 10:10:09 +0100
Cc: Isaku Yamahata <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 May 2008 02:10:46 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi all,
>
> The Xen/ia64 project has come a long way in the past few years, and
> it's with some satisfaction and excitement that I announce the
transition of
> the maintainership.  Isaku Yamahata, who is easily the biggest
> contributor to the project and in many ways the technical expert, has
> graciously agreed to take over this role.  I've been working with
Isaku
> on infrastructure and testing setup, and will continue to help as
> needed until Isaku is comfortable.  I intend to stay involved with the
> project, but after over two years as the maintainer, I'm ready for a
change.
> Congratulations and best of luck Isaku, thanks,

Alex,

You've done a great job taking ia64 xen from being a promising research
project to being a first-class xen port that now has a strong reputation
for stability and performance and an enthusiastic user community -- your
efforts are much appreciated.

We've very fortunate to have such a great successor in Isaku to take
over the maintainer role, but I'm glad to hear that you will be
remaining involved.

Thanks to Alex, good luck to Isaku!

Best,
Ian