Re: [Xen-devel] Xen frame buffer related

To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen frame buffer related
From: Markus Armbruster <armbru@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 09:43:39 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dushmanta Mohapatra <dushmanta.mohapatra@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 00:44:07 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Markus Armbruster wrote:
>> The PVFB frontend supports the usual Linux framebuffer API for
>> dynamically changing resolutions.  Check out xenfb_check_var() and
>> xenfb_set_par().  Actual resolution change is initiated by user space.
>>
>> This is a fairly new feature, and I haven't merged it into pvops PVFB
>> yet, because I don't want to rock that boat right now by modifying the
>> patch (it's being reviewed and hopefully gets merged).
>>

> Ingo has taken it into his tree, and I don't see anything blocking
> from going into 2.6.26 (you got the fb people to review it, right?).

Everything was cc: linux-fbdev-devel.  The dependency on the fb defio
fix was sorted out there.  No comment from there otherwise; my code
must be perfect ;)

> If you do an incremental patch to add resizing then we can add that too.

That's the plan, but one step at a time.

> BTW, does tablet mode work with the pvops patches?

I definitely should, as pvops' xen-kbdfront is functionally equivalent
to 2.6.18-xen's xenkbd.