[Xen-devel] need advices for vcpu params

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] need advices for vcpu params
From: Tristan Gingold <tgingold@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:11:19 +0100
Cc: Xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 06:04:01 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have a general question for implementing an ia64 specific feature.
The ia64 architecture has several parameters not fixed: number of itr, dtr
and pk registers, size of virtual addresses, size of physical addresses, size
of rid and pk...

It would be nie to be able to specify these parameters when a domain is
created (as this will open new doors).

What is the best way to add these not-for-newbie parameters:
- adding them one per one, eg:
  vcpu_nbr_itrs=8
- adding only one generic parameter such as:
  vcpu_params="nbr_itrs=9 nbr_dtrs=8"
  and parsing this string in the libxc domain builder.

Thanks for ideas or opinions,
Tristan.