Re: [Xen-devel] Question about MMIO Region Alignment for PCI Pass-throug

To: barak@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Question about MMIO Region Alignment for PCI Pass-through
From: Yosuke Iwamatsu <y-iwamatsu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:48:57 +0900
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 04:17:55 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Barak,
Thank you for your reply.

Barak Fargoun wrote:
Hi!

I have created the 'pci-mem-align' patch. The version posted before, had
some bugs. However, I have fixed those issues, and it works fine for me
now.
What kinds of bugs did you fix?
It would be nice if I could see your new patch.

BTW, why are you interested in this?
Because I'm recently working a bit on PV PCI passthrough.
I haven't encountered the mmio region conflict yet, but I think it is a
a potential problem for all the passthrough methods
(VT-d/IOMMU, PV driver domain and nativedom).

Regards,
  Yosuke Iwamatsu

Barak