Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot boot 2.6.24 kernel as PV guest.

pradeep singh rautela wrote:
Hi Ian,
On 04/02/2008, pradeep singh rautela <rautelap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
I think you need to select M686 for Xen support to be available as an
option.
Thanks Ian that solved my problem.

It solved the problem of booting.
xm list shows the domU state to be running(r).

But the system appears to be responding very slow to operations.Plus a
xm console PV-domainU-name does not gives me anything.It appears to
just hang there waiting for something.
   Also starting with xm create pvdomain.cfg -c does not give me
anything but an endless wait with terminal completely frozen.

Looks like a still a lot of stuff need to be added into upstream kernel.yes/no?

You should be getting further than this. Does xm list show the domain is running ('-'), blocked ('b') or crashed ('c')? If you put "console=hvc0 earlyprintk=xen" on the kernel command line, and start it with "xm create -c PV-domainU-name", what - if anything - appears?

Are you running on a 64-bit Xen?