[Xen-devel] Odd Xen Kernel module interaction

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Odd Xen Kernel module interaction
From: Alvin Starr <alvin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 14:12:20 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 11:13:20 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a network kernel module that I am trying to debug.

It is trying to query the file information for a socket that a userland progrm has opened.
So it is accessing current->files and getting back 0x0(null).

This seems to work on a non xen kernel.

It has been quite a while since I have done any kernel hacking so I would not be supprised if I am missing something obvious.

I believe the module is compiling correctly. It loads correctly and at least some of the information pointed to by current-> is correct.

The calling application has got a bunch of file handles open so there should be something in current->files.

Any help,pointers or even "you idiot look here" would be greatly appreciated.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (416)585-9971
Interlink Connectivity        ||   fax:   (416)585-9974