[Xen-devel] Self-Migration Thesis

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Self-Migration Thesis
From: "Jacob Gorm Hansen" <jacobg@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:49:27 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 08:49:54 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:x-google-sender-auth; bh=5O8FPVS1vPA+G5KqpllX6bjMYq6P6wcX3pDNFcIRaB0=; b=nglZ08dPV3JyvYsrXbk7tl+xOabUTUOqpiq2giB8X3GIqqj7YB88R/qwFGRH8oew3IbPX+lAFerxgUKsBVPRxn4dHkf4Qiqdof9/lWRPqWeetzwWCLHGQQGPnBetg4AVABZFi3cK+iB3m3wOXPkCJPyN/9v2YaRAkT0ZalaBh2s=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Xen-devel,

as some of you may be aware, I have been working on alternative ways
of managing Xen hosts, and on a different way of doing live migration.
I submitted my Ph.D. thesis in June, and defended last week at the
University of Copenhagen (finding a slot where everyone could meet was
a bit of a challenge). The committee consisted of Professors Hermann
Haertig (Dresden), Brian Vinter (Copenhagen), and Jason Nieh
(Columbia), and I am happy to say that the thesis "Virtual Machine
Mobility with Self-Migration" was defended successfully.

Though I am no longer actively involved in Xen development, I would
like to thank the Xen community for all your help and interest in this
work. If anyone is interested, the preliminary version of the thesis
can be found through my home page, at http://www.diku.dk/~jacobg .
Though the date says January 2008, it only a few cosmetic changes have
been made since June 2007. The final version will incorporate comments
from the committee, and should become available a few weeks from now.

Best regards,
Jacob Gorm Hansen