[Xen-devel] vmware-tools and virtual center

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] vmware-tools and virtual center
From: Roman Divacky <roman_divacky@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:42:18 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:18:30 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi

is there some analogy to VMWare-tools (ie. managing of OS from outside,
most imporatant windows) and/or VMWare virtual center (ie. managing
of several hosts from one place).

is there any project to implement either of these? If not I will
implement those as my employer requires me to do so..

for the VMWare-tools like thing I think parts of the open-sourced
VMWare-tools (http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/) could be used
with just adjusting its API if needed.

the virtual center must be implemented from scratch, currently I plan
to base it on libvirt/RDBMS.

so... if there are any pre-existing projects of this kind please tell me
and I will join there otherwise I'll start my own

thnx a lot

roman divacky

p.s. if possible please CC: me as I am not subscribed to the list