Re: [Xen-devel] 3.1.x and 3.2.x releases

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 3.1.x and 3.2.x releases
From: John Levon <levon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:34:36 +0000
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:35:33 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 04:00:57PM +0000, Keir Fraser wrote:

> Meanwhile, in preparation for 3.1.3, please let me know if there are any
> further patches from xen-unstable that should be backported into the 3.1
> branch. You can pull the xen-3.1-testing.hg repository to see what has
> already been backported.

My 3.1 testing has revealed a problem when rapidly rebooting a single
domU. Eventually, xend gets a wrong type response in xs.c (it's
expecting a reply to XS_READ, and it gets a reply to
XS_TRANSACTION_END). This breaks everything horribly, as xend is very
poor at recovering from an error like this.

I'm still looking at it, but I wonder if people are doing a similar test
and if anyone else has ever seen it. The classic symptom is something
like:

# xm list
Error: (2, 'No such file or directory')
Usage: xm list [options] [Domain, ...]