[Xen-devel] [HVM] Some ASSERT()s in vlapic.c should be removed and the c

To: "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] [HVM] Some ASSERT()s in vlapic.c should be removed and the cases should be handled more carefully?
From: "Cui, Dexuan" <dexuan.cui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 13:48:41 +0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:50:00 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For the ASSERT()s in vlapic_find_highest_irr(), vlapic_read(), if we are
using a debug=y build Xen, a malicious guest kernel or module can send a
vIPI with vector less than 16, or read a non-aligned address -- then the
ASSERT can crash Xen.

For the valid vector, maybe we should add the  emulation of
APIC_ESR(Error Status Register).

-- Dexuan