Re: [Xen-devel] Re: xsm: Consolidate xsm processing within domain contro

To: <ncmike@xxxxxxxxxx>, Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: xsm: Consolidate xsm processing within domain control hypercall.
From: "George S. Coker, II" <gscoker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 18:27:39 -0500
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 15:27:47 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've been getting together the necessary updates to XSM and Flask to deal
with the updates to domctl and a few other hypercall operations.  I've also
been working on a default module that captures the existing dom0/domU
capability model.  This default module will allow one to exercise XSM as the
extensible security framework for Xen.  However, the xsm_domctl throws a
wrench into these activities.

I'd really like to get a better understanding of the argument that motivated
the change to the creation of the xsm_domctl rollup.

--
George S. Coker, II <gscoker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>