Re: [Xen-devel] xend crash for freeing invalid pointer in python

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xend crash for freeing invalid pointer in python
From: Guillaume Rousse <Guillaume.Rousse@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:46:49 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:45:03 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Guillaume Rousse a écrit :
> Hello.
>
> I'm the mandriva xen package maintainer. I'm trying to figure out a
> strange crash occuring on mandriva 2008.0 (latest stable version): xm
> list (actually, any xm use) crashes with the attached stacktrace in the
> logs. I installed the debug symbols for python and xend, but I don't
> know how to invoke gdb on a python script for getting the stacktrace myself.
>
> Strangelly, everything is fine on 64 bits version :/
>
> All binaries are built with the following flags:
> -O2 -g -pipe -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector
> --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -fexceptions -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586
> -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-table fno-strict-aliasing
>
> The spec file is rewievable from
> http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/xen/current/SPECS/
>
> The patches are availabe from
> http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/xen/current/SOURCES
Sorry, this is for the cooker (development version) package.

The one causing troubles on stable version is at
http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/branches/2008.0/xen/releases/3.1.0/2mdv2008.0/

--
Guillaume Rousse
Moyens Informatiques - INRIA Futurs