[Xen-devel] Avoiding VmEntry/VmExit.

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Avoiding VmEntry/VmExit.
From: "Devdutt Patnaik" <xendevid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:49:22 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 04:50:05 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

I am trying to provide services to guest VMs where I wish to run guest VMs in a loop.

I wish to use a core to schedule a guest VM, service it eg. execute an ISR etc and then return to the context of Xen on that core, so that I can then schedule the next VM on that core.
In doing all this, the goal is to avoid the calls to VMEntry and VMExit. Is there a workaround for this to be done or will I always have to face a VMExit to return to the Xen context on that core ?

Looking forward to some pointers.

Thanks,
Devdutt.