[Xen-devel] xen-unstable HV fails to boot on AMD quad core

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable HV fails to boot on AMD quad core
From: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:31:09 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:32:01 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm attempting to do some testing with xen-unstable but am unable to get
the hypervisor to boot. With both xen-unstable 16125, and staging 16142
the HV appears to immediately hang at boot time. No console output is
displayed at all.

If I go back to 16000, then the console stays black for approx 10 seconds
before Xen HV boots. This is on a single CPU, Quad Core AMD host.

I'm about to try a binary search to narrow down where the problem might
be, but first was wondering if anyone else has seen this, or if there's
any recent changesets I should pay particular attention to.... ?

Regards,
Dan.