[Xen-devel] Limit on the number of grant-table mapped pages

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Limit on the number of grant-table mapped pages
From: wei huang <huanwei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 22:24:36 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:25:15 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi list,

I am using xen-3.1 and am particularly interested in the recently added
user-space grant table device. I am trying to build a small communication
channel for passing data among user level processes.

I find that the maximum number pages that can be mapped through the grant
table device is currently hard coded to 128. And I was under the
impression that earlier Xen supports 1k pages (per domain) to be mapped to
other domains in maximum.

Thus, I am asking if it is possible to increase this limit? And if so,
what is the current upper limit that we can mapped from each domain? Or is
it simply a macro define somewhere in the Xen kernel?

Thanks a lot!

-- Wei