Re: [Xen-devel] Error creating HVM domain in Xen-3.1

To: "Nidhi Aggarwal" <aggarwalnidhi@xxxxxxxxx>,xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Error creating HVM domain in Xen-3.1
From: Mats Petersson <mats@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 17:45:25 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 05:11:54 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 16:41 14/07/2007, Nidhi Aggarwal wrote:
HI Mats,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have tried without -c and still the VM doesnt work.

I sent the error to xen-developers list since the error message said so, but will also post it to the users list.

And you get the sam error without "-c"? That's very strange, because the call-stack indicates that the second from last call was from "do_console", which I believe shouldn't be called if you don't do "-c" - I could be wrong, and I don't have the source accessible where I am at the mo'. But I would have at least expected the call-stack to be different.

--
Mats

Nidhi

On 7/14/07, Mats Petersson <<mailto:mats@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>mats@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
At 02:56 14/07/2007, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am trying  to set up fully virtualized guest VMs (Fedora core 6)
>on Xen -3.1 on a AMD Opteron SVM enabled system (blade with 2 dual
>cores). I followed the instructions in the user manual to create an
>image of the OS. I have included the configuration file that I am
>using and also information using xm info. I am a newbie to Xen
>installation and would really appreciate help and suggestions.
>
>Following is the error message I get when I try the command  xm
>create -c xmexample.hvm

Try without "-c". Since the console is essentially reflecting the use
of a serial console on the OS, it's meaningless for Windows, and only
works if you've done special setup in a Linux distro. This is
different from PV domains where the console is part of the
para-virtualization.

[This sort of question probably belongs in xen users mailing list
rather than Xen Devel, but that's a different matter]

--
Mats