Re: [Xen-devel] early_cpu_init() and identify_cpu()

To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] early_cpu_init() and identify_cpu()
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:01:30 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 23:56:02 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 16/7/07 07:57, "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But if Linux re-draws the whole screen instead of scrolling, won't Xen's
> output get overwritten anyway? That would limit 'vga=keep's usefulness,
> except for crash dumps after which Linux dom0 will not print any more (I
> suppose that is the main most useful case though).

If you only cared about crash dumps you could just always use re-draw
behaviour, disable Xen output after console_endboot(), but always
*re-enable* output, at coordinate (0,0) top-left of screen, on any call to
start_sync_console(). That usually indicates something important is being
printed. :-) Starting at top-left means you do not obliterate the most
recent dom0 output.

Would that be acceptable?

 -- Keir