[Xen-users] RE: [Xen-devel] Any known block device corruption problems i

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] RE: [Xen-devel] Any known block device corruption problems in 3.1.0 upto release?
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 23:31:57 +1000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 06:30:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> If you did an unclean shutdown of the guest, and/or qemu-dm crashed
then
> that could easily explain small-scale block-device corruption. So the
> question is: what events originally caused the unclean shutdown?

Qemu-dm just crashed again:

Jun  2 23:18:40 dev kernel: qemu-dm[28963]: segfault at 00007fff8d08cd40
rip 0000000000409b25 rsp 00007fff8cf61710 error 4

If I can supply any info to make those numbers meaningful then let me
know.

I'll do some more testing, but I think it is to do with being a bit
sloppy about connecting and disconnecting vnc clients. I'm using the
tightvnc java client so that connecting to the vnc console is just a
matter of loading a web page.

I'll follow up shortly if I can reproduce it.

Thanks

James