RE: [Xen-devel] ask for the xen boot when panic on mount rootfs

To: "wang jeppeter" <jeppeter@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] ask for the xen boot when panic on mount rootfs
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 16:30:43 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 May 2007 07:36:14 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unless your build of Xen Linux is different from the "standard build",
you'll probably need an "initrd" for the modules needed to read your
root filesystem and disk drivers for the /dev/sda3.

This means you boot into your standard distribution (e.g. ubuntu) and
run something like "mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.6.16-xen 2.6.16-xen", and
add a "module /initrd-2.6.16-xen" to your menu.lst file.

--
Mats