[Xen-devel] Issues Related to GCC Compiler

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Issues Related to GCC Compiler
From: "Huang2, Wei" <Wei.Huang2@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 15:33:11 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 25 May 2007 13:31:59 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We have seen domain save/restore/migration issues related to GCC compiler on recent changesets.

1. xen-unstable tree (changset 15080)
* gcc 4.0.2
Compiled with gcc 4.0.2, Xen rebooted AMD-V boxes during domain restore/migrate.
* gcc 4.1.2
This version of GCC worked well with Xen. It did not cause any problem so far.

2. xen-unstable staging tree (changeset 15172)
* gcc 4.0.2
Xen also failed (similar as changset 15080) on domain restore/migrate using gcc 4.0.2
* gcc 4.1.2
worked well.

We have not pinned the changeset which is causing the problem. I believe it should be one of the past 60+ changsets because changset 15017 worked well with gcc 4.0.2.

Thanks,

-Wei