Re: [Xen-devel] Building just the kernel

To: Guy Zana <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Building just the kernel
From: Muli Ben-Yehuda <muli@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 01:16:57 +0300
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 May 2007 15:15:33 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 07:37:54AM -0400, Guy Zana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I build & install just the kernel of dom0?  I'm not
> interested in building the modules...

The default Xen kernel .config won't work without also using the
modules. You need to modify the .config to have the things you need
built-in, and you might be out of luck if you're using hardware that
requires an initramfs (e.g., due to external firmware).

Cheers,
Muli