[Xen-users] Memory mapping query on Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Memory mapping query on Xen
From: "Girish Shirasat" <girish.shirasat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 07:40:50 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 03 May 2007 10:25:34 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Folks,
   I am very new to Xen hence forgive me if this is a naive qn. On my board I have 1 GB of Ram. When Xen
launches Domain0 ie Linux , I reserved some high mem region for my driver usage. When I tried to access the
reseved high memory region for my driver using ioremap it failed. I then used the mfn_to_virt func, which gave me
the virtual address of the reserved high memory. Can you please help me understand how do we have a VA already assigned
to the reserved high memory region and the reason for ioremap failure.

Girish