Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Lightweight socket communication between domainsin

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Lightweight socket communication between domainsin a single machine
From: "김강호" <sunnykuz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 18:10:49 +0900
Delivery-date: Thu, 03 May 2007 10:20:25 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Ian Pratt.

Thanks for your attention.

I attached a PPT file that has some note on the implementation, comparing to XenSocket.
In each slide of the PPT, I wrote a few lines of slide note. Please read the note for more details.
Since I don't know much about XenSocket I comapred only a few features that I'm interested in.

I know that this summary slide is not enough to understand the whole things of Xway.
However, let's start discussion on Xway as well as XenSocket.

2007/5/1, Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I'd like to introduce a socket communication facility optimized for
> sending and receiving data between domains in a single machine, named
> Xway.

Cool.
Please can you write a few notes on the implementation, comparing and
contrasting to XenSocket:
http://www.xensource.com/files/xensummit_4/SuzanneMcIntosh_XenSummit_200
7.pdf

I'd like to get a reliable inter-domain byte stream protocol in to
mainline Xen. Ideally, there'd be a story on remoting it if the VM's got
migrated to different nodes e.g. tunnelled over TCP or SDP.

Ian

> Xway is a network module that enables socket programs running on
> virtual machines in a single machine to communicate each other
> efficiently though socket interface. Xway shows better socket
> communication latency and bandwidth than the native socket of Xen.
Xway