[Xen-devel] Xen/paravirt_ops kernel available for testing

Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen/paravirt_ops kernel available for testing
From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:23:52 -0700
Cc: Zachary Amsden <zach@xxxxxxxxxx>, Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:22:03 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce a Xen paravirt_ops kernel available for testing
at http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/paravirt_ops/.

These kernels are based on this morning's 2.6.21, along with all the
paravirt_ops + Xen patches.  The pre-built i386 kernel RPM is based on
the FC6 configuration, and it has both Xen and VMI paravirt_ops support
enabled.  Unfortunately the RPM is a bit rough, and you'll need to
generate an initrd and update your boot-loader to make it bootable.  To
boot under Xen, use /boot/vmlinux-.gz as the kernel image.

This is definitely a testing snapshot release, but it has had a bit of
testing.  I've been using it running native on my main work machine, and
it behaves exactly like a non-paravirt kernel.  It has also been tested
under Xen on XenRT, XenSource's automated testing infrastructure, where
it passes almost everything.

There are a couple of expected BUG messages which appear on boot: one in
init_sched_clock, and one in xen_apic_read.  Both are harmless warning
messages, and will be removed shortly.  (However, if you see more than
one xen_apic_read warning, please send me the details along with your
kernel config.)

Please see the RELEASE*.txt for release notes.