Re: [Xen-devel] FATAL PAGE FAULT - xen-3.0.5-rc2 and xen-3.0.5-rc3

To: Teck Choon Giam <giamteckchoon@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] FATAL PAGE FAULT - xen-3.0.5-rc2 and xen-3.0.5-rc3
From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:11:16 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 03:10:06 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 26/4/07 10:18, "Teck Choon Giam" <giamteckchoon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have the following errors:
>
> Panic on CPU0:
> FATAL PAGE FAULT
> [error_code=0002]
> Faulting linear address: fbfb1100
>
> More details in snapshots as below as I don't have serial console
> cables thus unable to get full details of the errors which I will try
> to get one and send the full error if needed:

It's bizarre that only you have seen this crash. It should be easy to track
down though. If you're happy to modify C code, can you try adding:
 printk("***TICKER_INIT %d %d\n", cpu, spc->ticker.cpu);
To csched_start_tickers() in common/sched_credit.c, immediately after the
line 'spc = ...'.

Alternatively I can send you a patch. The extra message should come out
twice immediately before the crash message and it would be interesting to
know what the messages say.

Also, the xen-syms file that matches the crash-message JPEGs you linked to
would be interesting. Perhaps you could zip that up and send it to me
privately if you still have it.

 -- Keir