Re: [Xen-devel] hi, all. how can I write msr while in domain0? thanks in

To: danielsong <sjtusongyi@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] hi, all. how can I write msr while in domain0? thanks in advance:)
From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:43:48 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 01:42:34 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 26/4/07 09:32, "danielsong" <sjtusongyi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

after searching in xensource web, I found that we can modify the emulate_privileged_op() in xen/arch/x86/traps.c
but when add a printk sentence at the beginning of the emulate_privileged_op()
I didn't get the output using dmesg | tail.

it seems that the wrmsr didn't get into the emulate_privileged_op() ?
the rdmsr operation is the same as wrmsr:-)

That’s absolutely the function where RDMSR/WRMSR ends up. Are you looking in the right place for the Xen output? VGA is taken over by domain0 by default when it starts to boot. Have you looked at ‘xm dmesg’ output?

 -- Keir